Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snowfall in Minnesota

Here is a picture of my backyard at this time. We are experiencing a lot of snow in Minnesota. You can't exactly see the snow with the still photograph, but it's been coming down all morning. I think it's finally starting to slow down. Although, it's probably going to snow more later. This picture makes me question why I live here. I'm not a big fan of the cold, however, I think the snow is a wonderful site. Minnesota is one of the only states where you can get all four seasons in one day. I was going to go out today, but looking at the weather I decided not to.

We live on 1 acre and most of it is wooded area. Our property backs up to a reserve/park, which is nice because then we know that no one will build behind us. We also have a marsh to the left of this picture. Right before this picture was taken, I saw some people snowboarding down the hill in the background. Crazy I know. There is a path at the top of the hill that I go down when it's nice out. Hope you enjoyed seeing the outdoors from my point of view.

Jenni

2 comments:

Gerritnow said...

Hey, I love your photos..they are really nice...

Anonymous said...

From a fellow Minnesotan, sometimes I wonder that we not only survive here, but we thrive. I could not imagine living anywhere else! Beautiful Photos!