Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Yay!

Today was my last day of school for the semester. I gave my impromptu speech. I ended up having to go second to last which actually wasn't that bad because I got an idea of how an impromptu speech was given. The question that was picked for me in the basket was "define spirituality and what it means to you and its usefulness to one's life." That was actually one of the questions I was hoping to get. I talked about how spirituality isn't just about religion; how it can be about one's inner self and their belief in hope and strength. I also talked about its usefulness and how being spiritual can get you through things.

I didn't think I would be so nervous speaking. I was fine all semester until this one speech. At least I think I was nervous because my stomach felt queasy and I started seeing black spots. The feelings went away after my three minute speech. Oh well. I think I did really good. Also, I won Most Inspirational speaker in the class. The other categories were best speaker, best delivery, best content, most entertaining, and most improved. I was nominated for two other ones as well. I think I got an A in class.

Jenni

1 comment:

DustyC4 said...

Hi Jenni -- I read about your site in my New Mobility magazine. I too was injured in a car accident and I am now a C4 quad. The accident happened 2 years ago when I was 26. I am continuing to adjust to me new life. No one could have prepared me for the impact an SCI has on one's life. Even though my life has changed, in many ways it has gotten better for me. I try to stay positive and like yourself, enjoy reaching out to people I encounter. I just found out I am two months pregnant -- yay! I am so looking forward to this experience. What a blessing for me. I hope we can become "blog friends." You seem like a very positive person. Sounds like your speech was a success.