Wednesday, April 1, 2009

School

Yesterday I presented my last big speech in class. It was our Social Responsibility Speech and I did mine on texting. I talked about the dangers of driving while texting and the newest trend "Sexting". If you have never heard of Sexting before, it is sending nude or semi nude photos via text messaging. It can be pretty scary. Recently, a mother just spoke out about her teens' suicide over Sexting.

Anyways, I think this was my best speech out of all of them. The only thing left we have to do is give an impromptu speech next Tuesday. My teacher has given us 25 questions that we will be choosing from and then giving a speech answering the question on the spot. I guess it's not exactly impromptu because we know the questions in advance. Our last day of school is next Tuesday April, 7. We are ending a month earlier than all the other classes because we had class 4 hours a week instead of 3. It's nice, but I am not looking forward to having a break.

I still don't know what I'm going to do this summer. I might take a class, however, I am hoping to either volunteer or work somewhere. I should probably figure it out fast.

Jenni

1 comment:

Rai said...

Well you learn something new everyday they say so thanks for the new tidbit of knowledge. I don't know which is scarier of the two as they both seem pretty scary with both having some major consequences.