Saturday, March 28, 2009

Update on Standing

I have had my Easystand Evolv stander for a little over five months now. I stand on average three days a week and I am able to stand up to 40 minutes. I have now started to use my standing frame outside of physical therapy, which was one of my goals when I first got it. On Sunday, one of my nurses and PCA helped me into the stander. I stood for close to 40 minutes until my blood pressure dropped. It is exciting to be able to do it with my caregivers and have the extra time in physical therapy to do other things.

It has been a tremendous help in decreasing my back pain. I am getting stronger and my blood pressure is adapting as I get to a standing position. My body is getting used to the routine and I am tolerating standing longer than in the beginning. I am achieving all of the goals that I set upon receiving the stander and I am hoping that things will only get better.

Jenni

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts."
-Sir Winston Churchill

1 comment:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

I have the exact Winston Churchill quote on my board!