Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Something I've Learned

Difficult Times Don't Last Forever

Sometimes, the problems you must face are more than you wish to cope with, and tomorrow doesn't seem to offer any solutions.

You may ask yourself, "Why me?" but the answer is sometimes unclear. You may even tend to feel that life hasn't been just or fair to burden you with such obstacles.

The roads any of us choose to follow are never free of bumps or curves, but eventually the turns lead to a smoother path ahead.

Believe in yourself and your dreams. You will soon realize that the future holds many promises for you. Remember... difficult times don't last forever.
-Geri Danks

I found this poem to be extremely similar to my life and thoughts. So much so that I have probably written it some way in my mind before. I didn't know it at the time of my accident, but I know now that difficult times don't last forever. Things have gotten easier and I have learned how to cope. I believe that everything happens for a reason and that there is a certain path that each of us take. I have had many obstacles along the way but I am here now doing exactly what I feel I am supposed to be doing. We just have to go along with the hand that we are dealt and hope that everything works out in the end.

Jenni