Thursday, March 26, 2009

Speech Recognition Software

You may have noticed that I haven't been doing as many posts lately. I apologize for that. On Friday, my computer froze up and I had to do a hard shutdown on it. Somewhere in the process, my voice files for my speech recognition software Dragon NaturallySpeaking got either erased or lost. I was without the program for a day and ended up having to change something and then retrain it. It still wasn't 100%. It was very difficult to type without it making mistakes. A tech guy came out yesterday to help me fix it and it's pretty much back to normal. I appreciate your patience and will be up and running with many more posts from now on.

Because of the poor speech recognition, I have changed my e-mail address from yahoo to Gmail. For those of you who have my e-mail address, the beginning part of it is still the same, it is just at Gmail.com instead of yahoo.com. For those of you who don't have my e-mail address, the new one is jtic20@gmail.com. You can also look in my profile to get it.

Jenni

4 comments:

Steph said...

I just wanted to let you know that you are amazing and whenever asked who my hero is, your name is proudly stated. Have a great day Jen!

<3 Steph

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

I'm so sorry your system crashed, I know how frustrating that can be. I'm glad you're up and running again! Have a great day.
Greg

Rai said...

It's amazing how far technology has progressed that now we have the technology to operate the computer with just voice commands. On the other hand system crashes are no fun period. I hope everything has been put back in it's right place so to speak.

Matthew Smith said...

Hi there,

How does your speech recognition software distinguish between words that sound the same, e.g. their/there, male/mail? Or do you just have to correct it afterwards?