Friday, January 2, 2009

Sisterly Love

The picture above is of my sister, Kristen, and I. She is 19 years old and also attends Normandale Community College. She works part time at a daycare and babysits when she can. She also plays softball in the summer and is very good. Kristen is responsible and very mature for her age. She is planning on going to St. Cloud College this fall but is not quite sure what she wants to do for work at this point in time.

I have written Kristen a letter to show her my gratitude and love.

Dear Kristen,

I am so proud of you and love you for who you are. You are one of my heroes. You have been there for me through everything and continue to stay positive. You help me with my cares, sit with me when I need a friend, listen when I have something to say, drive me places I want to go, and love me for who I am. I greatly appreciate your presence and I thank you for being there for me. I am grateful to have a sister like you.

Thanks for everything Kristen. I love you!

Jenni

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
-William Arthur Ward

"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time."
-Clara Ortega

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen - Wow! What a wonderful thing to do for your sister! I am so proud of both of you! You are lucky to have each other and I feel very fortunate to have both of you in my life!

auntie Sandy