Monday, January 19, 2009

Bummer!

I have good news and bad news. The good news is the guy from Reliable Medical (the place I got my wheelchair from) came today and found out why my wheelchair won't recline back up. The bad news is that it's a part that they have to order and it will take up to two weeks. What a letdown that news was. I guess the actuator went bad, whatever that means. It was still in a reclined position when he took it away back to the shop. If he would have been able to get it into an upright position, I could have still used it and just not reclined back. I'm going to have to use my manual wheelchair until they can get my electrical one fixed. This last week has really made me appreciate what little independence I have. Every bit counts, including being able to drive myself around. I'm hoping everything goes okay on my outings when my nurse has to push me.

Jenni

No comments: