Thursday, January 29, 2009

Exciting News

I finally got my electric wheelchair back yesterday. My mom went and picked it up at the company because otherwise they wouldn't have been able to deliver it until this morning. I have an extremely busy day today. I will probably be gone for six hours. They wouldn't have been able to drop off my chair before I leave at 11 AM to go to school. After school, at 2:30 PM, I'm going to get picked up and go to the hospital for a doctor's appointment. My appointment is at 3:30 PM and I probably won't get home until five o'clock or so. I couldn't imagine being out in my manual chair and having to be pushed for that long.

I am so excited to not have to be in my manual wheelchair anymore. I was grinning all evening knowing that I wasn't going to have to be in it today. My butt, back, neck and anything else you can think of is hurting because of it. I have also lost some independence by not being able to move my wheelchair by myself. I just got my electric wheelchair back but it feels like I got a new car. Anyways, I'm hoping that nothing goes wrong with it for a long long time because I don't ever want to have to go through what I've been through the past week and a half.

Jenni

"Of any stopping place in life, it is good to ask whether it will be a good place from which to go on as well as a good place to remain."
-Mary Catherine Bateson

No comments: