Saturday, October 5, 2019

Transferring

In order to transfer from my bed to my wheelchair, I use a ceiling lift. It’s a motorized device that lifts and transfers me from point to point alongside an overhead track. Some tracks can be ceiling mounted or freestanding. Mine is screwed into my ceiling and goes all the way to my bathroom. By using a string system, the track can be switched to go from my shower, toilet or bathtub. I mostly use it to take a shower and get in my wheelchair. Here are some pictures of what it looks like:

This is where it charges.


This is where the track changes from one area to another. To the left is my shower, straight ahead is the toilet and to the right is my bathtub.

The lift can also be used to weigh myself. I have a device that hooks from the lift to the bar; when I am in the sling, it shows my weight. In order to get it completely accurate, we need to subtract the weight of the sling and bar. Here is a picture of what the scale looks like:



Jenni

No comments: