Thursday, October 24, 2019

A Thank You to My Caregivers

I definitely feel like I’m improving every day. I appreciate everyone’s help in my recovery process and want to thank you for all that you’re doing. I believe it takes a team effort and that’s exactly what we are! There’s no I in team even though I direct my own cares. I know you’re doing the best you possibly can in making me feel comfortable and happy. Please know that your efforts do not go unnoticed, even if I may forget to say thanks. You are each very important to me and I believe with all of our work and dedication we can move mountains!

There may be moments where I might get emotional, strained, anxious, angry, upset etc. Please know that these feelings are not directed towards any certain one person or persons including the nurses. You’re all doing a great job at helping me in my life which is very important to me. I realize that in order to heal I need guidance finding a balance. Please don’t take anything personal at all as I understand it can be difficult on everyone.


It’s hard to recover and not have control of everything including cares that need to be done. I also have learned when it’s time to let go and let others in. I want the nurses to know and feel comfortable enough to tell me when they have things under control. This means not being afraid to speak up when they have concerns or questions. I myself believe it will help with communication between all of us.

Jenni


No comments: