Monday, October 28, 2019

Another Infection

I thought I was in the clear for a while as far as respiratory infections. Although I started getting symptoms of one a couple of weeks ago. I sent a sample into the doctor and based off the results it turned out that I indeed had an infection. Whenever they sample my secretions, it’s always going to show that I have an infection called Pseudomonas. It just depends if my symptoms are increased or not.

Since I get it so frequently, oral antibiotics don’t always treat it very well. That’s when I need to get a PICC line placed so I can do in-home IV antibiotics. Unfortunately, I need to go to the doctor to get it placed under x-ray so they can make sure it goes directly into a large vein. They are sort of like an IV, but for longer-term antibiotics.

The initial length of the infusion was supposed to be 2 weeks. Although the last time they checked my blood it showed signs that my infection hadn’t quite cleared all the way yet. The doctor extended the course for at least another week and will let me know if I need more based off new blood test results from today. I am feeling much better now though so hopefully I’m given the all clear to get it pulled out soon!

Jenni

No comments: