Monday, August 2, 2010

Painting Again

Now that I have some free time, I've been painting again. It makes me so happy to be doing what I love. I tried a new technique as well as one I've done before. Check out the pictures below and tell me what you think.


I found this new technique involving plastic wrap on the Internet. For this painting I put a wash of two colors down and then while it was still wet had someone lay plastic wrap on top of it. Then I told them which spots to scrunch together. After letting it dry overnight, the plastic wrap was removed and this is how it turned out.


I did the same thing with this painting only I used three colors. It kind of turned out to look like some sort of scenery with water and a sunset. That was unintentional. What do you think it looks like?


I've done this technique involving leaves before. First the paper was fully wet. Then I painted color onto the tops of the leaves and turn them over pressing them firmly on the paper. While it was still wet, I painted the background. Then I let it dry overnight.


When it was completely dry, I pulled the leaves off one by one to reveal the pattern and color underneath. This is how it turned out.

The most exciting part of doing these paintings is having to wait till the next day to reveal them. I am really proud of every painting that I do. It's fun to learn new techniques and to show them off to others. I hope you enjoy looking at them too!

Jenni

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I've never seen the plastic wrap idea before, maybe I'll try it some day. My preferred method of art is with markers though...

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Nice paintings!!! I especially like the one with the leaves. Thanks for sharing them. Have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Rai said...

That's really cool, the first one reminds me of tree's and it's neat how they look :)

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

Great work, wow