Monday, August 9, 2010

The Topic of My Life Right Now

All I have to talk about lately is my wheelchair. I can't think of anything else to post on my blog because this is all that's been on my mind. It's a big part of how I do things and what I do. It's been a struggle these last couple months. Going out places has proven to be a big challenge. Since I'm in a manual wheelchair and I have so much emergency equipment, it is difficult for the nurse to carry all of that and push me at the same time. It now takes two people to go out places.

I have already trialed the sip and puff and heard today that I can trial the chin joystick by early next week. Hopefully then I'll be able to decide which way I want to drive my new wheelchair. The ordering process should begin after I have made a decision. After that I'm not sure how long it's going to take before I get a new wheelchair; maybe 1 to 3 months. Medical assistance has to approve it first.

Jenni

" A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
-- Christopher Reeve

1 comment:

Rai said...

sometimes you just gotta talk about what's on your mind :) I do hope everything works out for you in the end tho jenni