Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Is It Spring Already?

I'm on spring break for school this week. I'm not doing anything special on my week off except relaxing, even though my one class isn't really that much work or stressful at all. I'm kind of curious why spring break is in winter. Anyways, it feels like spring outside. Yesterday I went out for about an hour and basked in the sun. When I was out, I noticed that our irises and lilies are starting to come up. I'm not sure but I think the saying for March is "in like a lamb, out like a lion." I think it can be reversed depending on how the weather is at the beginning of the month. If that's true then we're up for some pretty cold and possibly snowy days. I don't know if I'm quite prepared for that. I'm kind of liking the sun right now (even though today is cloudy and rainy). What is everyone else doing for spring break?

Jenni

2 comments:

Matthew Smith said...

Hi there,

Well, here in England it really does feel like Spring - the temperatures must have gone up a good ten degrees compared to a week or two ago and we've had a couple of sunny days - not cold winter sun, but warm enough to shed a layer or two. We don't have spring break here though - our schools and colleges have a two-week break around easter time.

I hope you can write about some of our suggestions during the break!

Rai said...

I personally am just relaxing and enjoying the week off :) . Were having a bit of a "heat wave" if you want to call it that here in md, it's suppose to be in the 50's and 60's all week when it's normally in the 30's-40's still this time of the year lol