Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friendships

I believe it's very important to have friends in your life to support you and be there for you in times of need. Friendships are extremely important to me. Whether it be an old friend or a new one, it's nice to have somebody that I can talk to and/or hang out with. It's not always easy to come across true friends who will be there for you no matter what. Especially in my situation. Sometimes I feel very lonely, like I don't have anybody even though there's so many people surrounding me. I have some friends that have stuck around after my accident and that I see every once in a while. I've also met some new people since.

Although I do have friends, I don't feel like all my social needs are met. It's a little harder for me to get out places, so most of my friends have to come over to my house. That can be hard sometimes to always meet in the same place and not be able to go to them. I miss going over to other people's houses, something I'm not able to do often because of accessibility.

I have met a lot of new people through my blog, some of which I have become great friends with. There are a couple of people that I talk to through e-mail or Facebook on a regular basis. I may not be able to meet these online pals in person due to location, but I am able to remain friends with them via the computer which I value deeply.

Jenni

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea.. i will treasure our friendship altho we at the 2 ends of this earth

jialiang

Jane Hoppe said...

I admire your courage and joy in the face of adversity most of us would crumble under. You breathe life into those around you.

I can only identify a little bit with your loneliness. I can and do get out, but I usually end up sick, so then I stay home alone until the setback is over, and I try again. I feel lonely and wish I had a "normal" body, but I know God has a loving purpose for this trial.

Anyway, I wish you the best. Your positive thinking and generosity of spirit has certainly inspired me.