Sunday, November 2, 2008

Standing at 90°

Hello everyone.

I want to update you on my standing. I have stood about five times and I am now on a set schedule of standing twice a week in physical therapy. My longest time at once was 15 minutes. I didn't think I would be up that long so soon. I have to keep the blood pressure cuff on just in case. I usually have to take it about every two minutes, because sometimes my blood pressure can go down without me knowing. It is easier and I find that I can stand longer in the morning than in the afternoon because I'm not as fatigued from daily activities. My blood pressure goes down more in the afternoon because I do get so tired.

I'm excited to be able to do it for longer like 30 minutes but it takes a while to build up to that. Although, I do think I am already starting to feel the benefits. My back hasn't been hurting like it usually does and I feel like I have more energy during the day. Standing helps prevent osteoporosis and also strengthens bones and muscles. It will also help strengthen my back. The picture is of me standing in my bedroom. I'm 5'8", but the stander is up off the ground so I stand taller than everyone who is helping me. It is nice to be able to see the top of people's heads instead of up their noses.

Jenni

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow"."
-(This is a quote from a plaque hanging in my room. I don't know who the author is.)

2 comments:

Lisa Carlson said...

Way to go Jenni! Keep up the good work. Lisa Carlson

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You look great!