Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spring '09

Hi everyone.

I signed up for classes next spring. Lately, I have only been taking one class at a time. At this rate, it will probably take me at least 10 years to finish. Oh well, at least I'm going. However, I decided to take two classes next semester. It will be tough to balance two classes, four days of physical therapy (including standing), massage therapy, doctors appointments etc. But I like a challenge. The two classes I signed up for are Fundamentals of Public Speaking and Stress Management. I will be going to Normandale Monday through Thursday.

I'm actually pretty excited. One of my friends is taking the Stress Management class this semester. She told me that they work on breathing exercises to help lower stress and calm down. I don't know how good I'll be at that, but I'll try. Breathing isn't exactly my strong point, but speaking is. I know that class will be fun for me and I think I will learn a lot from it. I wanted to take it with the same communications teacher that I took Small-Group Communications with. However, every semester he teaches Public Speaking in the evening. That doesn't quite work for my schedule and I didn't want to wait any longer to take the class so I decided to take it with a different teacher.

At some point I think I'm going to take a Phy Ed class. I was thinking about taking Fitness Walking or Fitness Jogging. Could you imagine the look on the teachers' face when I rolled through those doors all suited up and ready for the fitness class? I'm crazy I know, but I think it would be funny. Just like the teacher for my Stress Management class is going to try to get me to take deep breaths so I can have a less stressful day. That will be interesting.

Jenni

"The principle goal of education in the schools should be creating men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done; men and women who are creative, inventive and discoverers, who can be critical and verify, and not accept, everything they are offered."
-Jean Piaget

1 comment:

petlady said...

That is funny Jenni, I to would love to see the phy.ed teachers face as you roll in for gym class. I love your sense of humor. By the way, I missed you last week. I thought we had a time scheduled in Brooklyn Center.
Maggie