Friday, November 7, 2008

Spoken Words

Thursday, November 6 I spoke at Richfield high school. It was a great opportunity to strengthen my speaking skills and ability. I also made some connections and met some great students and teachers. I spoke to three separate classes in a row. The first class started at 9:17 and the last class ended at 12:12. Most of the students were in ninth grade. Each speech varied in its content and each class varied in students. Some students asked more questions than others, which usually makes it easier.

This speech was volunteer, and although I like to volunteer my time, I hope to one day get paid for every speech I do. It took a lot to get to Richfield high school by 9:10. I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to start my cares. I normally get up into my wheelchair sometime between 8:30 and 9 o'clock. Yesterday, I got into my wheelchair at 6:45. Yes, it was a very long day, but it was definitely worth it. I love speaking and sharing my story. It is nice to motivate others and it feels good to wow them with my positive attitude and my ability to overcome challenges. If any of you know of a place that would have me as a speaker, I could really use the experience. Even if they are not able to pay; let me know.

Jenni

"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can't be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people."
-Lee Iacocca

No comments: