Friday, April 30, 2021

Donating My Hair

The other day I got a well needed haircut. It was a couple inches past my elbows. The last time I got it cut was almost a year to date. Last year, I wrote a post that said that I was going to get 10 inches cut off and donate it to locks of love. It was down to my elbows at that time. Although I ended up just getting 4 ½ inches cut off. This time I got 10 inches cut off and have yet to send it in to locks of love. It will be my fourth time doing it.

The last few times I’ve donated it, my hair afterwards was above my shoulders. This time, my hair was so long that it’s still shortly below my shoulders. It’s so thick and healthy now! It always seems so short once I get it cut, but my hair grows so fast. I always need to remind myself that it’s just hair and it will grow. Also, that I am doing it for a good cause.

Alopecia areata, cancer radiation therapy and severe burns are just some of the reasons why someone could lose their hair. And hair loss is not just a cosmetic concern-it can also seriously affect someone’s mental health. Hair donation gives people a chance of high quality, free, natural hair wig for free. It can also help someone restore emotional balance and regain self-confidence.

Locks of love is just one of the organizations that accept hair for donation. Some places require 12-14 inches or more of hair, but most require a minimum of 10 inches or more. There are some that only require a minimum of 8 inches or more. I like to do at least 10 inches because I have the stylist layer my hair, and when you donate it, they separate the longer and shorter pieces. Locks of love requires 10 inches or more. Also, if you send it in yourself, you get a laminated certificate saying you donated.

Jenni

No comments: