Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Patience in Life

In my situation, it takes a lot of patience in order to live a happy and fulfilling life. It’s naturally an essential part of daily living, but especially when I have little to no ability to do things on my own and rely on others to do them for me. Having patience means being able to wait calmly in the face of hardship or frustration, so anywhere there is some-i.e., nearly everywhere-we have the chance to practice it.

We give ourselves the power to choose how to respond to specific situations when we are patient. It allows us to stay collected no matter what is happening. I’ve learned this throughout my life of being paralyzed because of my needs from those around. I need to wait every time I want something done. One thing to remember is that patience puts us in direct power of ourselves. Along with this, there is no more influential an aid to success then confidence.

So, how does one practice patience? It seems that at an early age we are told that patience is a virtue. However, very few of us are ever taught how to be patient. Patience is something we constantly do, not something we have. The more we practice it, the more patient we become. I know I need to remain calm throughout every obstacle that comes my way in life. Included with that, it’s only through patience that we truly learn.

Jenni

No comments: