Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Guest Blog Post by Brody III

I’m enjoying the weather right now, although it’s getting a little hotter and I don’t like to overheat. It makes me pant and I can’t go as long on walks with my mom. Plus, I’m getting a little older, and I’m unable to go as far as I used to when I was a pup. I turned nine in December.

Bailey and Casey
My mom’s dad’s dog and my best four-legged friend, Bailey passed away earlier this month. He was a black lab. I will miss him so much! My mom misses him also. Although nothing can replace him, I now have a new best friend. His name is Casey, and he is a pocket beagle. He is six months old and just my size. When he comes over, we love to play in the backyard. He plays with all my toys and lays in my beds. Since I’m older than him, I only like to play for a little while. Then just like humans I like my space and time to myself.

I’ve been enjoying my time lately by sleeping on the couch, going for walks, and playing with toys. I only chase after a toy once, but I don’t know how to play fetch. My favorite thing is getting attention from anyone who will give it to me. I love to be petted and scratched on my back. Although, I only like it for a little while, and then back to more independent time on the couch or in one of my multiple beds. I find it comforting to bury my head against my bed, couch or under a blanket.

Me Sleeping on the Couch

Brody

No comments: