Monday, April 19, 2021

COVID 19

Now that COVID vaccines are available, I feel more comfortable getting back out into the world. Before, I was so worried about getting the coronavirus, especially in my situation. It’s such a big risk being on a ventilator if I were to get it, that I was avoiding most people, especially crowds. I’ve been staying home most days (except for my daily walk and roles with Brody).

My nurses are still required to wear masks, even if they are fully vaccinated and I am too. My nursing agency is going by the state guidelines and until they hear anything otherwise, N95 masks and shields are required. It will be interesting if, and when they tell people they don’t have to wear masks anymore. I doubt it will be anytime soon though. It’s difficult for me to wear a mask because it’s hard to see my screen on my wheelchair. Also, since I use a sip and puff to drive it, I need to put a hole in it in order to use the straw to drive.

Good news is studies show that at least 50% of eligible Minnesotans have at least one dose of COVID 19 vaccine. And now that the governor has opened it up to 16+, even more people are signing up. It also means that spots are filling up, and there aren’t many appointments available. That’s why I had to get mine done so far away. My second dose is this coming Friday and then I will be fully vaccinated!

Jenni

No comments: