Sunday, July 25, 2010

Good Things Do Come

I found out I received a 93% (A) in my online mass communications class that I just finished up. Definitely better than I thought I was getting. I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it and not giving up. For fall semester, I signed up for intercultural communications at Normandale and environmental biology online. It's going to be interesting taking two classes; I have a feeling it will be a lot of work again. Hopefully I'll be able to handle it.

I got word from Key Medical on Friday. They're going to bring out a loaner power chair on Tuesday for me to try. It's going to have a sip and puff on it. I'm not sure how long the trial period is for; hopefully until I can get a new one. I'm so excited to get out of this manual wheelchair and get a little independence back. Now I just have to learn how to use it. Wish me luck!

Jenni

"There are two big forces at work, external and internal. We have very little control over external forces such as tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, disasters, illness and pain. What really matters is the internal force. How do I respond to those disasters? Over that I have complete control."
-Leo Buscaglia

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Congrats on your A- hope the power chair stays with you as long as you need it.

Rai said...

Yay jenni :) , it's always nice finding out you did better then you thought you did in a class

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

Thats great!