Monday, February 23, 2009

Speaking Engagement

It's kind of ironic that while taking my public speaking class that I would get an opportunity to do a volunteer speaking engagement. This Friday I will be speaking at a local high school to ninth graders. I will be talking to three separate classes about goal setting. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to say yet. I have had to set many goals for myself in last six years and I know I can teach something about that topic.

I hope I will get many more opportunities to speak whether it's volunteering or not. I love to speak! I love being in front of an audience and telling my story and teaching others. It is the best feeling to know that you are doing something either to inspire or help others. That is why I want to become a professional motivational speaker. I already do motivational speaking, but most of it is volunteer. I would like to be well known and asked to speak at many events, schools etc. I will let you know how it went.

Jenni

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can... begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: