Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hope

An Inspirational Thought, Motivational Thought
Poem for Hope
by Catherine Pulsifer

Reflect on the following verses and words of wisdom in the poem below:

Poem for Hope
A Hong Kong Proverb

As long as we have hope,
we have direction,
the energy to move,
and the map to move by.
We have a hundred alternatives,
a thousand paths and infinity of dreams.
Hopeful, we are halfway to where we want to go;
Hopeless, we are lost forever.

Hope is the anticipation of an event or an occurrence. Our own individual hopes are our own desires, or could be considered our wish for the future.

Hope can give us a feeling of optimism when we are feeling discouraged. As Diogenes once said, "Hope is the dream of a waking man."

Hope is one of the prime differences between successful people and those who can only see failure. Successful people have hope because they can clearly see their goals. People who only see failure have no hope because they see no light, they set no goals, and they see nothing accomplished.

Successful people see alternatives and are willing to try different ways. People who only see failure are unable to see another way and give up to easily.

With hope you are halfway to where you want to go; by setting your goals, and taking the action to achieve them, you will see your hope turn into your reality!

Another Poem for Hope to consider is:

I Shall Be Glad
by Grace Noll Crowell

If I can put new hope within the heart
Of one who has lost hope,
If I can help a brother up
Some difficult long slope
That seems too steep for tired feet to go,
If I can help him climb
Into the light upon the hill's far crest,
I shall begrudge no time
Or strength that I spend, for well I know
How great may be his need.
If I can help through any darkened hour,
I shall be glad indeed.

For I recall how often I have been
Distressed, distraught, dismayed,
And hands have reached to help, and voices called
That kept me unafraid.
If I can share this help that I have had,
God knows I shall be glad.

Ms Cromwell's poem reminds us that we all need a helping hand at times in our life.

The feeling of hopefulness sometimes comes from someone helping us. Think back to a time when you had lost hope. Many times, we regained our optimism because someone gave us a helping hand.

In summary, no matter what challenges you face in life do not give up. If you find yourself stuck in a rut, ask someone to help you, what ever you do, do not lose your hope. As without hope life can be tough.

As Charles F. Kettering once said, "Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future."

No comments: