Friday, June 25, 2021

What's Been Keeping me Busy?

Lately I’ve been busy with the ABLE program at Courage Kenny. It’s going great so far, and I am learning a whole new way of exercising when I’m unable to move. It has been challenging and exhausting, but beneficial to my health and healing. I spend 2 ½ hours, twice a week doing a nonstop workout, which includes transfers from the bike, the mat and to my chair. This doesn’t include drivetime there and back. I’m grateful that I started and can’t wait to see what results may come of it. I know one thing for sure is that I have already gained an improvement in strength, and I’ve only gone five times so far.

Aside from this, I have been getting outside when the weather is tolerable. It’s been hot and humid here, which makes it difficult to take Brody for a walk and roll. I try to stick to the shade as much as possible so that the pavement isn’t hot on his paws and the sun isn’t hot on me. Not only is it much cooler he seems to enjoy his walk more without overheating. When the weather is like this, I need to take him in to get his haircut more often.

Along with exercising and getting outside, I’ve been having Dr. appointments and going shopping at the mall. Now that restrictions on masks in public have been lifted, I have felt more comfortable getting out in the public. Although they are still required in clinics, including Courage Kenny, it feels good to not have to wear them all the time. Since I didn’t go out too often in the last year and ½, I’m not used to the masks as much as other people. I’m still a little skeptical of other people, because lifting the restrictions may give even those who haven’t been vaccinated an excuse to not wear a mask.

When I am inside, I’ve been playing games, painting, watching movies and going on my computer etc. To pass the time by, I like to play games with my nurses. Depending on which nurse works, depends on which game I decide to play. I don’t watch movies all that often, but when I do, I usually pick out ones that are most popular. Between my sister and I, we have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney plus, Discovery plus and cable. Also, because of lack of movement, I don’t check my phone as much as others, except texting and phone calls. I use my computer for emails, writing blog posts and other things.

I’ve also been spending time with my sister and two nieces. I enjoy watching them grow up and spoiling them at the same time. Since I don’t have kids of my own to spend money on, I end up buying things for them. This includes clothes, toys and other things they may need or want. Avery will be eight in August and Madilyn will be one in October. I usually see them one or two times a week and is always a highlight.

Jenni

1 comment:

vinho want to be rich said...

Are you looking for Discovery Plus Downloader? This blog will introduce everything you need to know about saving Discovery Plus shows and how to download Discovery Plus shows with the best video downloader.
https://cleverget.tv/download-discovery-plus-shows-1410.html