Thursday, November 3, 2011

Anniversary Day

November 1 was the nine year anniversary of my accident. It would be easy for me to be sad or angry about it; to be bitter and live life depressed; to have regrets and think about the what if's. But instead every year I take that day to celebrate life. I've always felt that there was a reason why the accident happened and I survived. Maybe it was to help people in my situation or open someone's eyes to what it's like living with a disability. Whatever it may be, I'm glad that I did and happy to be here. Don't take things for granted, you never know what can happen.

Jenni

2 comments:

Jill said...

That is an insperational thing to say. My brother had his accident alittle over 1 yr ago and has turned this negative into positive. Keep being an insperation to others.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being such an awesome teacher. A teacher in the school of life! colleen