Tuesday, November 8, 2011

True Friendships

I've been thinking lately about friendships. It is very important to have people in your life you can count on to be there for you; people that would do anything for you no matter what. Not the people that you are "friends" with on Facebook or the people that you occasionally text message saying a quick "hello how are you?" I'm talking about true friends.

When my accident happened, I really found out who my friends were. Some have dissipated throughout the years and there were a bunch that I lost touch with directly after. Although many stuck around and have been by my side since. For that, I am very grateful because without having people in my life that care and love me for who I am, it would be difficult.

Throughout this journey though, I've met a lot of amazing people with whom I've become friends with. I like being able to develop and create new friendships with others. Especially when I get the chance to help those in my situation just by being there and being a true friend to them.

Thanks to all the friends in my life who have been there for me!

Jenni

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I one of them? :) jialiang

Jenni said...

Yes, definitely Jia! It's amazing how many different countries and people my blog reaches-including Singapore. You are a true friend and I'm glad I've gotten the chance to get to know you. All things do happen for a reason.

Anonymous said...

I think anyone that has even a few "true friends" is very lucky. True friends are very hard to come by and are very special.