Monday, November 28, 2011

MRI Follow-Up

I went to the orthopedist office today and found out the results of my MRI. Turns out I don't have frozen shoulder which is very good news because that could take up to a year to heal. I do have bursitis in my shoulder, which is basically inflammation of the fluid filled sac (bursa) that lies between the tendon and bone. The doctor gave me a cortisone shot (just like planned) and it's already feeling a little better. She said it could take up to 72 hours for the full affect. I'm happy that it wasn't anything more serious. I had bursitis in my left hip a few years ago and I got a cortisone shot for that. The pain went away and it healed up nicely so I didn't have to get another shot. Hopefully this will just do the same.

Jenni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blogs, i happened across them in a google search- imagine that! Thanks for sharing, you are awesome :)

-Austina