Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sleeplessness

I haven't been sleeping all that great in the past couple of months. I usually go to sleep around 11 PM and wake up at about 5 AM. Lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night from anywhere between 30 and 90 minutes. Sometimes I even wake up twice. I'm on two sleep medications right now, one of which my sleep doctor just changed to a higher dose. When I wake up, I just lay there and think about things. There could be a number of reasons why I wake up but I'm not sure which one it is. I think one thing could be that I get anxiety about not sleeping good which actually could make me wake up. I end up taking a lot of naps during the day to try to catch up. Anyways, I know I just talked about me not sleeping but I just wanted to get it all out again and talk it through. Who knows maybe that'll help me sleep better tonight.

Jenni

2 comments:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

sorry your not sleeping, I have the same problem. Happy Easter anyway

Dana Marshall/DanaWheels said...

Sounds like you might have sleep apnea... have you been tested for that? I have severe sleep apnea and I end up falling asleep in front of the computer all the time! I was tested for one night and will be on cpap... but then again, you're already on a vent so that can't be it...