Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Weather

Do you ever realize that when someone wants to start up a conversation, the first thing they bring up is the weather? Whether it's a close friend or family member, a coworker, or a stranger in the elevator, it seems that the weather is the one topic that everyone has an opinion about. It doesn't matter if they are happy about the weather or complaining about it, people listen and also give their own opinion. It's a great icebreaker, especially in awkward situations.

I admit that I have brought up the weather in many conversations. I guess it's just easier to talk about something that everyone has in common and that everyone experiences. Now that I've said all that, I'm going to talk about the weather here in Minnesota. Hey, why not?

I've been doing a lot of complaining lately. Our month of May was one of the driest we've had in a long time. For a while I was complaining about how dry it was. We definitely needed rain. One weekend the rain finally came, and stayed. We had four straight days of dark, cloudy, rainy weather. It made me not want to do anything. It was so dark outside most of time that I slept a lot.

Yesterday was gorgeous. My nurse and I went for a walk/roll down the street. Today I was outside as well. It's about 84° and pretty humid right now. I wore sunscreen both days, but apparently not enough because my arms and face are a little red. Not much I can do about that now.

Jenni

1 comment:

Rai said...

the weather like what people are going to do for a holiday are just one of those general things people like to talk about. it's a nice wedge into talking about other things