Friday, June 26, 2009

Medications

I have 15 separate medications that I either swallow as pills or are given to me each day. I know that sounds like a lot but it's definitely lower than what it used to be. I've tapered off a bunch of other medications that I used to take but no longer need anymore. I also have many PRN medications that I'm able to take if I need them.

I have two nebulizers, Xopenex and Pulmicort, that I do twice a day. I take both a multivitamin and a calcium pill every day. I also take Allegra for my seasonal allergies. Some of the other medications that I take are Celexa (antidepressant), Colace and Miralax (both stool softeners), cranberry pill, Ditropan and Gentamicin (all for the bladder), and Clonazepam (sleep medication). I have a baclofen pump (for muscle spasms) that runs baclofen into my spinal cord at certain times of the day.

All of these medications serve a different purpose. Many people take medications for various reasons. These are just most of the ones that I take.

Jenni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh shit, that's a lot of medications....I'm just using alcohol as medication ;)