Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Trip to the ER

Today I spent five hours in the emergency room. I didn't really need to go there it's just I didn't know where else to go. The past couple of days I had been having this feeling when I got in and out of bed where I felt like my head was spinning only it wasn't. It was mainly when my head was in extension and I was changing positions. I only have one carotid artery going up to my brain. Someone suggested that the one I do have maybe was temporarily getting pinched whenever my head went back. That made me nervous. After waiting in the ER and doing a bunch of tests and talking to the doctor I found out it wasn't anything serious. He thinks I have Benign Vertigo. It is caused by problems in the inner ear causing an inbalance and the sensation of dizziness or spinning. It should go away within a few days.

Jenni

No comments: