Monday, November 1, 2021

Advice in Life

“When you hear good advice, you should do two things with it: take it and pass it on.” Anonymous

Life is full of things in which make you think about what happened and how you plan to move on from there. In my case, the biggest situation is after my accident. I had to realize what happened to me, choose how I was able to overcome my situation and move past the challenges ahead. I will admit it was very difficult. There were days I struggled to accept and see a future in which I fit into.

Today marks the 19th anniversary of my accident. I have said before that this day doesn’t frighten me and I don’t get sad or angry. Although I do admit that I think about how my life would be if I hadn’t been so accepting to a situation that changed not only my view on life but my life itself. Thinking back, I realize that there were times when I went through a grieving process of losing my independence and the loss of movement/feeling.

It took not only my mom, others around me and myself to be able to overcome every obstacle that came my way to get to the accepting stage. For a while, I saw a therapist to help me handle all the emotions I was dealing with. Throughout the years, I have been given a lot of advice. Mostly good that I could get some use out of and some that didn’t really apply to what was happening to me.

It is nice to share how I’m feeling with people who can understand and may be going through the same thing as me. This way it’s easier to be honest and open with them. I also like creating my blog posts, kind of like a diary for me, only openly shared to anyone that comes across my site! Although it’s a way for me show others what life like is like as a quad, hoping to inspire people throughout my journey.

Jenni

No comments: