Saturday, May 9, 2020

Guest Blog Post by Brody

This is a guest post written by none other than my dog Brody. I thought I would share it with all of you. He gives a great insight into the life of a dog and information about himself.

Hi everyone! My name is Brody and I am 8 ½ years old. I’m a Chinese crested powderpuff and I come from a family of show dogs. I have hair on my head shaped like a crest and my skin is covered in pink spots. My mom is allergic to pet dander, so it’s a good thing I’m hypoallergenic which means I don’t shed. Although that means I need to be brushed daily and taken to the groomers to get my hair cut every so often. 

I love my mom so much! I wait for her patiently, comfort her through hard times and disappointments, and romp glee at her homecomings. I am a registered companion dog for her. I’m gentle, happy, loyal, loving and totally devoted. I follow her everywhere she goes. Also, I have a sensitive nature and don’t like to be separated for long periods of time. 
    
I have my own bed and it is my favorite spot to lie in. Sometimes the sun comes in through the window and shines brightly on me, heating me up. I can’t believe I have this whole pillow all to myself! Some other places I like to lay are on the back of couches, on my mom’s lap, and snuggle in her bed.

My favorite thing to do is go on walks with her. I know exactly when it’s time to go; whenever she pulls out my leash and says: “do you want to go for a walk?” Then she attaches it and me to her wheelchair and off we go. In the winter, I like to wear sweaters because they keep me warm. Even though I like my walks, I prefer to spend the remainder of my time indoors 
mostly sleeping.

Some other things that bring me happiness are cuddling, being pet and brushed, playing with toys, and chewing on bones. I really enjoy being around kids, mostly because they are my size and usually friendly towards me. I also know how to do some tricks! I can dance, sit, lay down and even smile when asked.


I’m security/control manager of the house. This includes my mom and all the other people that come in and out of it. I do not always welcome strangers in the yard or house. If I see them I either growl, bark, hide, or run to my mom for safety and assurance. Although, I like to chase after squirrels and I’m not afraid to run towards the turkeys or deer in the yard! 

Brody

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds just like Brody when he was a puppy. He traveled to alot of horse shows with me as a puppy. Everyone loved him. In Tulsa for the two week Pinto World Show he would crack people up by carrying his own leash in his mouth on his walks with me. Hes a funny little love bug. Glad he has a wonderful home with a wonderful fur mom....

Aly said...

Oh Brody how I miss you! Along with everyone else in that house!! Thank you for taking such good care of your mom!!

Unknown said...

Brody, you sound like a pretty special dog! Sounds like you have a pretty special Mom too! Happy Mother’s Day to all of the Mom’s out there.
Take care,
Paul