Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Starting My Book

After ending my CaringBridge website, I started my blog in 2008. I thought it would be a good way to develop my writing skills and put all my thoughts together. Upon starting it, I didn’t know how big it would become and how much of an impact I was making on others with my posts. After doing it for a while, I realized that with my passion for writing that I wanted to write a memoir regarding my accident and the years following.

Although with my blog underway, my daily routine and other tasks in life holding me back, I put the book idea on standby. Except lately more ideas have been popping into my head regarding it. That’s when I decided it’s time to start the process of gathering some information together. I’ve been researching information on “how to write a memoir” and began working on putting an outline together. 

I’ve saved just about every blog post I have written in Microsoft document form. I’ll probably use bits and pieces of them within it. Then it’s a matter of actually writing it, publishing it myself and then getting it out there for all to read. I know it’s going to take me quite a while to get it finished, but starting it is always the hardest part!

Jenni

No comments: