Monday, July 13, 2020

Bible Study

Recently I joined a Bible study group consisting of three other people, one of which is a longtime friend of mine since second grade. We meet once a week (Thursday nights) via FaceTime and talk about certain sections of the Bible. We go based off another book that helps break down the Bible for you to read it in a year. I’m really loving getting back into reading and learning more about the Bible. 

I’ve always had faith and been a Christian, but never really went to church much. Only when I was in junior high with my friend. A couple years after my accident my family and I started going to a church about 15 minutes away from my house. Although we stopped going a few years back, in 2016 when I was hospitalized a lot. And now with the coronavirus, I’ve been finding it difficult to go out to places. Every so often, I watch the service online.

It gives me a great feeling when I am reading the Bible, talking about it, and praying. I know how lucky I am to be alive today despite my accident and often tell myself that it was a miracle that I survived. To me, having faith isn’t always about believing in God. It’s an expression of hope that goes beyond the conscious mind and based in one’s heart.

Jenni

“Without faith in ourselves we would hold ourselves cheap, and without a faith in others we could never live as free people.” - Arthur Dobrin

No comments: