Tuesday, December 10, 2019

The Spirit of Giving

We’ve all heard that it’s better to give than to receive. I’m not exactly sure even where the idea came about where giving had to exactly be a gift. There’s nothing wrong with buying material things for others, but I don’t suppose that everyone has that in mind as something to receive. I know it comes with the thought that counts no matter what form it’s shown.

With the holidays coming around the corner, it’s important to realize this. As far as Christmas, I know the tradition is to give a gift or two to those you love, friends or someone else in your life bringing you joy. I myself like to make things for people. Whether it’s painting a picture or doing some arts and crafts, I feel like it shows more thought when it comes in the form of something handmade.

As for me, if I give something to someone it’s the peer joy that I receive by watching someone’s reaction to it. I also find pleasure in thinking of ideas in which to give something to someone. This also depends on what the occasion is. It could even just be a random act of kindness and a simple "thanks" to be exchanged. Whatever the reason, I think giving delights multitudes of people.

Jenni

I found an anonymous quote saying "the true spirit of giving is doing for others with no expectation of gain. It might be a gift you bought, one you made, or the gift of time or volunteer to benefit others. Giving means different things to different people and that’s how it should be. Giving is an emotion."

No comments: