Thursday, December 2, 2010

Breaking My Routine

The last few months I've been kind of stuck in a rut, doing the same routine over and over every day and not really enjoying my activities. It started when my wheelchair broke and just kind of continued. I wasn't able to go out as many places unless there were two people because of all my emergency equipment and someone having to push my wheelchair. For fall semester I had to drop one class because it would've been difficult to actually go to the school.

Now I need to start getting back into going out places and doing things that I enjoy doing. I'm still getting used to the fact that I am able to drive my own wheelchair now and that I can go wherever I want. Winter weather is here now in Minnesota and the days are getting colder. I'm not saying I can't go outside, but this does make it harder for someone in a wheelchair and on a ventilator to get around. I need some ideas on places I can go and things I can do to make me motivated, because right now I just feel bored.

Jenni

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a case of the winter time blahs. I think we all get them from time to time. I like to read a good book. It seems to get my mind back in the right place. I don't know if you're a book reader, but if you are, I just read Angels and Demons...it was excellent.

Hang in there.

Jenni said...

Thanks for the suggestions! Right now my reading material is all about environmental biology. Hopefully when my class ends I'll be able to read fun books.

Kristen said...

Don't worry...i'll be home soon enough! One thing that I really want to do when I come home is either go to the science museum or some art museum. Maybe there will be a good omni-theater show playing! Can't wait to come home and see you! Love you ♥