Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Time to Relax and Recover

The last two days have been extremely busy and tiring.

On Monday I took my final for my environmental biology class. It was the hardest test I've ever taken. Overall it was 158 points, with multiple-choice, definitions, short answer, and an essay question. It took me over three hours to complete. I'm not sure what I got yet, but I'm glad it's over. For the spring I signed up for intercultural communications at Normandale community college and stress management online.

Yesterday I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I only had three of them. They put me under general anesthesia and then reversed it right away when they were finished. Apparently it only took 20 min. but to me it felt like 2 min. Afterwards they shoved gauze in my mouth and sent me on my way. I couldn't drive my wheelchair because my mouth was numb so my nurse had to do it.

I had some pain with it last night. I think I only slept about 1 1/2 to 2 hours; and that was with one of my sleeping pills and Vicodin (which they prescribed me for pain). It's also supposed to make you relax and sleepy, but I think it had the opposite effect on me. The pain is pretty much gone now, but I'm exhausted from being awake all night and all day.

Jenni

No comments: