Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Update

On Monday I went to the doctors to get more Botox injections in my neck and shoulders. It's so nice to have my muscles loose again. The downside is that in three months I will have to go back because it will wear off. I also got my H1N1 flu shot.

Yesterday I had my interpersonal communication class and we had a quiz on chapter 8 which was all about listening. I got 15/15! I guess that proves something, I know how to listen. I have a six page fiction paper rough draft due on the 14th for my online creative writing class. I'm looking forward to writing it. I got great reviews from my teacher on my creative nonfiction paper that I turned in about a week and a half ago.

This afternoon I got in the standing frame with my physical therapist, Nicole. Usually the nurses and PCA's just get me in but lately I haven't been able to get up to 90° before my blood pressure drops. Nicole wanted to try to figure out why I could only get up to about 60°. I had a feeling this would happen, but I ended up getting up to 90° in about 20 minutes. Half the time it takes me to get to 60° when I do it without her. We figured out that it was probably due to the fact that I do the standing frame in the morning because that's the time I have a PCA. Today I did it in the afternoon. I had been sitting up in my wheelchair all day versus just getting up from lying in bed all night long. That's partly why my blood pressure had been dropping.

Jenni

No comments: