Monday, November 23, 2009

I Tried

I went to the oral surgeons office today to see if I could get a panoramic done. I had never been there before, so I didn't know if it was going to work or not. Turns out, this machine wasn't accessible either. I had to turn my wheelchair around and back up to the machine. They took my headrest off my chair so the thing could take the x-rays around my head. When they tried to lower it, the machine hit my handlebars and it wouldn't go down far enough so that I could rest my chin on it. After we figured out it wouldn't work in my wheelchair, I suggested that I could transfer into a regular, smaller wheelchair. Before I did they tried to see if that would work, but the same thing happened.

The only thing I can do now is call around to different hospitals to see if they have machines that are big enough to do it. I may have to get like a CT scan or something like that. How do other people in wheelchairs get a panoramic done? Any suggestions? It's a good thing my teeth stopped hurting, otherwise it would be more urgent.

Jenni

No comments: