Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stories from the Past




Before my accident I played softball and basketball. I played both sports for about seven years each. Softball was my favorite out of the two. I used to get up to the base and then grin as the outfielders yelled to each other "move back, move back". I averaged 2 home runs a game. The positions I played were first base, shortstop and pitcher. Basketball was also fun. Although, at the time of my accident I was debating whether to keep playing because as I got older the game got way more intense and competitive. I was a post on the team and better at defense than offense because of my height advantage.

The first picture above is of me playing softball. I think I was in the outfield during that game. The next two pictures are of me playing basketball. One shooting a free throw and the other of me running down the court.

I do miss playing sports, running around and being active. Doing posts like this bring back a lot of memories. It is actually a good thing. Someone asked me if I thought it would be hard talking about the past. Sometimes it is, but I just tell myself that things are different now. Not any better or worse, just different. I never would have taken up painting watercolor if it weren't for my accident. Things just have a way of working themselves out. I don't feel sad talking about or sharing stories from my past. I feel blessed with the memories that I have made.

Jenni

"We don't know who we are until we see what we can do."
-Martha Grimes

1 comment:

david said...

Hey Jenny!

Do you like watching basketball games?
Are u a fan of the Timberwolves?

What do u think about my fellow countryman Ricky Rubio??


david.