Saturday, July 18, 2009

Collectibles



I mentioned in one of my recent posts that I collect angels. I also collect many other things, one of them being butterflies. I have loved butterflies since my accident because of the tremendous change they go through from being a caterpillar to butterfly. It reminds me of the change I went through. They are definitely symbolic.

When I was young I started collecting rocks. I've always had a fascination with them, even up till this day. I have tons of them around my room ranging from big to little and polished to unpolished. I also have ones from different states and mountains that I have polished with my rock tumbler. The first picture above is of my rock collection behind the head of my bed. Since I've taken that picture, my collection has grown tremendously back there.

One of the other things that I collect are antique marbles. All of the ones I have are made at least 50 years go. They are antique because they are old and not made the same way anymore. I have hundreds of them and I love all of the different colors. The second picture above is one of the displays that I have for my marbles hanging on my wall in my bedroom.

Another thing that I find collecting more and more of are cigar boxes. I really don't know why I like them so much. I guess because you can use them for so many things. I like to decorate them and turn them into jewelry boxes.

Okay, so the last thing I collect are glass bowls, vases, and figurines. I love glass. Probably because of the colors and the way people can shape it. I use the bowls to put my polished rocks in to display them around my room. The vases and figurines are just for show.

That's it for things I collect. Oh, except for my collection of clothes. I don't think that counts though. A girl has to have outfits. No wonder my room is so full of stuff. I better not start any more collections or I won't have any more space in my room.

Jenni

No comments: