Monday, October 27, 2008

Speaking Engagements

Hi everyone.

Back in July, I was the keynote speaker at a Spinal Cord Injury Research Symposium. Dr. Wise Young, a world renowned research scientist, was the featured speaker. Dr. Young is well known for his spinal cord injury research and clinical trials in China. The event was put on by the Morton Cure Paralysis Fund. They have now posted a video of the event, including my speech, on their website. It is at least two hours long. I encourage you to watch the whole thing because Dr. Young had some interesting information to share about spinal cord injury research and the progress they are making. Although, if you don't have the time, you can always fast-forward to the end to see me speak. To watch the video click here.

Also on the subject of speaking, I will be giving three speeches in a row next Thursday to three different classes at Richfield high school. I am part of a volunteer program called Best Prep. Although lately I have been getting paid for my speeches, it is nice to volunteer and get practice every once in a while. I will let you know how they go.

Jenni

"It is not so much the content of what one says as the way in which one says it. However important the thing you say, what's the good of it if not heard or, being heard, not felt."
-Sylvia Ashton-Warner


1 comment:

Rai said...

Found your blog through a friend and it is quite motivational especially your speech. I hope to read/hear about more of your speeches in the future :) .