Monday, August 10, 2020

Thoughts and Sleep

Thoughts can affect our moods, behavior, and even take on a life of their own because they have distinct characteristics. Depending on how strong a thought is, the more likely it affects our day and can repeat itself multiple times. In order to ensure a healthy mindset, we should always have the right types of thoughts. This is one reason why I like positive quotes and affirmations so much.

Sometimes I have trouble sleeping. I’m on a couple of different sleep medications in order to help, although they don’t always work. When I’m awake at night, I am usually consumed with several thoughts that are mostly just random and unneeded at that time. They can often become my own worst enemy.

Since I have nurses 24/7, they help me with my every need. This includes doing things during the night, even when I’m sleeping. The constant interruption makes it even more difficult to have a restful night. Not to mention the difficulty revolving around lack of independence.

Also, I tend to get anxious from time to time. Although I know it’s normal, when anxiety routinely gets in the way it can also ruin sleep. Lately, I’ve been having some neck and shoulder pain. I have an x-ray scheduled and then an appointment set up with my doctor to get it checked out. It often hurts and tenses up in the middle of the night which doesn’t help.

When I can’t sleep, I usually put on some relaxation music and try to calm my mind down. I also put something over my eyes to shut out any light and it does help with disruption. I know a good night’s sleep is a key factor in maintaining people’s health, which is why it’s so important that I get it when I can.

Jenni

No comments: