Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Going Out

Since almost all businesses, shops, malls etc. have been closed for a while now due to the coronavirus, it has been almost 2 ½ months since I’ve gone anywhere other than around my neighborhood for daily walks with Brody. Even though it’s been nice outside and I’m glad to be able to at least enjoy the weather, it’s been difficult on me not being able to do “normal” activities such as shopping or even just browsing around. I have been finding it both physically and mentally challenging. To be honest I’m going a little stir crazy, feeling imprisoned in my own house.

There are many things that I need and want to do. When I’m able, the first thing I have to do is get some blood samples drawn and also go to some well needed Dr. appointments. Although I’ve been able to talk to some of my doctors online, some require in office visits. As of now, I have one scheduled with my pulmonologist in July. I’m hoping by then I’ll be able to go to it.

One thing that I’ve been wanting to do is get my haircut. I was about to get it trimmed right before everything shutdown. It is getting extremely long, as I’m sure most of you who can’t cut your own hair can attest to. I am planning on getting 10 inches cut off altogether soon and donating it to Locks of Love. It will be the fourth time I donate it. Brody also needs his hair cut, but the dog groomers are not open.

Other things on the top of my list are going to a movie, the mall and out to eat. Even though we can now watch plenty of movies On Demand and on Netflix, it’s been a long time since I’ve actually gone out to the movie theater. Also, it would be nice to get to the mall and do some shopping. Even though I don’t necessary need anything, just looking around at different things is enough. I order most items that I need online, including clothes.

It would be nice to go to a restaurant, although I recently read an article that talked about how the new “norm” for eating out will forever be changed. There may be physical differences, like masked waiters, disposable menus, silverware in packaging, or fewer tables so people can sit farther apart. Also, levels will likely be down to 50% occupancy to accommodate. Also, signs will be up saying that cleaning products have been used along with glass dividers between customers and cashiers. Luckily, some places have been able to be open and do order out or curbside pickup.

I have been trying to do other activities around the house besides just binge-watching Netflix and TV shows. I’m using the time to get things organized, playing games, going outside etc. Once places start to open their doors, hopefully I will be able to get into the world as we now know it.

Jenni

No comments: