Friday, August 21, 2020

Life Lived


Do you ever have “those” days where something goes wrong, and it throws you off balance? Or you had an exciting thing happen and now that it’s over you feel lost? Sometimes this can make you sad and often let down on life. It can also have a dramatic effect on one’s mood and self-esteem. The awful news that is around these days doesn’t help.

Throughout my life, I’ve experienced plenty of situations where this has happened to me. I believe it’s important to minimize your exposure to the unwanted and open your eyes to the world that surrounds us. Look at the details of your everyday life experiences. It is within yourself to choose the path that you want to go down, and what type of life you want to live despite circumstances that arise.

In order to help the quality of your life, you must remind yourself that it’s precious. This can also lead to fighting for things you believe in and making changes in the world. Be connected, brave, courageous but also be present as you take on new challenges.

Jenni

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hi Jenni!

You don't know me but my therapist showed me an article the other day that you were in a few years ago. After reading the article I felt like I had to find a way to contact you.
My now 11yr old daughter and myself were in a car accident in 2016. Hit by a drunk driver. To make a long story short she is a trach and vent dependant quadriplegic as well. There is no voluntary movement below the level of injury that's at C1 and 2. And like you she is completing cognitive. If you talked to her on the phone you wouldnt even know there was any disability.
I have searched for someone like her for so long. Someone who truly understands what she goes through. As her mother I do the best I can, but at the end of the day I wasn't hurt as bad as she was. I can still walk and breath on my own. Im there whenever she needs me but there are things I can't possibly imagine that go on in her head. As far as she is concerned she is the only one like herself. Everyone else we've met either aren't cognitive, or they can breath on their own, or something else that just doesn't quite fit the bill for someone that my daughter can relate to.
I hope this comment finds you well and if you would like to contact us my email is sweetpea14_1999@yahoo.com