Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Going Out

Yesterday I went out and got some labs drawn. My mom took me to the clinic, which is right down the street from my house. Usually, when they take blood, the easiest place for them to stick me is in my hands because my veins tend to roll. It took them three tries before they were successful because my veins are so tiny. Apparently, they have a 2-stick rule; when the first lab tech didn’t get it on the second try, she had to call someone else over to do it. It’s a good thing the second tech got it on the first try because there were only two people there drawing blood!

I have a video appointment on Friday with my primary doctor to discuss medications and my labs. He ordered a bunch of different things but was specifically looking at my albumin and sodium levels. I also have a video appointment in September with my neurologist and one of the vials of blood was for the levels of seizure med that I take.

Today I was able to go out and get my hair cut. I go to the JCPenney salon in the mall, also a couple blocks from my house. It’s been well over a year and half since the last time I got it cut. I figured it was about time since it was down to my elbows when sitting in my wheelchair. I always have the same girl cut it because she knows what I like and, also how to do it in my wheelchair. In order to get it even, I put a pillow behind my back to prop me forward. I got almost 5 inches cut off and it is still on my arms. 

In both places I had to wear a mask. I just poked a hole in it for the straw on my wheelchair so I could drive. Wearing it made me realize now what my caregivers go through when they constantly wear one. I suppose overtime you get used to it, but for me it was hard to see where I was going as I was driving my chair.

Jenni

No comments: